From: Seth Ladd [mailto:seth@brivo.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 8:55 AM
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: RE: rdfs:class and rdfs:resource

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 16:16, LYNN,JAMES (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
> This would certainly accomplish the task. I guess my question is - is
there
> a need for a predifined property (or three?) to express a point in time or
> duration of time in a simply manner. In other words, how common is this
need
> - enought to warrant an addition to the spec?

I believe the Dublin Core has done some work on time and date modeling.
Also, you might want to check out what the RDF Calendar people are
doing.  They are working on the same problem.

As for adding to RDF itself, I don't think that will happen.  What would
you assign the time point to?  The predicate?  The binding of the
predicate to the object?  How about the whole statement?

Using reification, you can assign other statements to statements.  So,
one could assign properties such as "The statement was asserted at time
t" or "The statement is only good for t to t2", but since reification is
talking about some stating, and not a statement, you're really not
binding these time oriented statements to the actual primary statement.

I think I lost myself there...

Seth