RE: ANN: Joseki, an RDF server. v1.0

Andrew,

> I was surprised the Joseki uses the 1.4 logging but not the
> 1.4 regex.

Jena itself runs with Java 1.3 (and Java 1.2, I think - we don't test that
during the release cycle) so we include the ORO regular expression package
(actually used in the query filters for RDQL).

It's the Joseki server that uses Java 1.4 logging.  Too many logging points
were arising; there is web server logging, Joseki logging, logging by any
query language plugins, ..., so I decided to use Java 1.4.

I also realise that not everyone wants to or is able to move to Java 1.4
just yet.  If this comes a problem for anyone I'll fix it.

> Any thought to
> adding TAP's
> GetData interface?

I would like to see a TAP interface for Joseki so the TAP KB appears as a
resource with URL.  All query languages (even plain GET!) are plugins so it
is possible to add a TAP language processor.

At the moment query requests are mainly by HTTP GET on the model's URL so,
as TAP uses SOAP over HTTP, there is also a transport issue.

I hope that the architecture is amenable to running in a SOAP server or
adding SOAP processing into the doPost method, as well as the direct HTTP
currently provided, but as direct HTTP is the only connector at present, it
is an untested area.

	Andy