Re: practical problems with rdf:parseType="Collection" implementation

Sandro,

Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I don't see how list membership is different from pretty much anything
> else in RDF.  Sometimes you add a triple; sometimes you remove a
> triple.  Sometimes adding a triple makes your knowledge base
> inconsistent unless you also remove certain triples.    For instance,
> if you have
>
>    # :list is the list ("a" "b")
>    :list1 rdf:first "a".
>    :list1 rdf:rest list2.
>    :list2 rdf:first "b".
>    :list2 rdf:rest rdf:nil.
[...]
> You might also say: do you want to make
> this change:
>
>    DELETE :list2 rdf:rest rdf:nil.
>    INSERT :list2 rdf:rest :list3.
>    INSERT :list3 rdf:first "c".
>    INSERT :list3 rdf:rest rdf:nil.

Semantically, that performs the function, "insert 'c' into the list at
index 2 (position 3)." Now, show me how you can add and/or remove
triples to perform the function, "insert 'c' into the list at index 0
(position 1)."

Garret