-----Original Message-----
From: Benja Fallenstein [mailto:b.fallenstein@gmx.de]
Sent: 31 July 2003 21:39
To: Pedro Assis in Oporto
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi,

Pedro Assis in Oporto wrote:
> I couldn't find any reference to the RDF case sensitivity, i.e. two names
> are identical if they differ only in case?

RDF is case-sensitive. From the last call Concepts working draft:

     Two RDF URI references are equal if and only if they compare as
     equal, character by character, as Unicode strings.

     -- http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Graph-URIref

An upper-case 'A' and a lower-case 'a' are different Unicode characters.

> Without using the RDF/XML representation of RDF N-Triples how can the
> namespaces declaration be made?

I don't understand what N-Triples has to do with this?

> For instance, the following XML namespace
> declaration is enclosed in the rdf:RDF tag,
>
> <rdf:RDF xmlns:owl = "http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#">
>
> now, how can I describe this information in a triple statement?

I don't think that there is a standard vocabulary for describing
bindings of namespace URIs to namespace prefixes.

But of course, you can make up your own:

     <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>  my:namespacePrefix  "owl".

or in RDF/XML:

     <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="..." xmlns:my="...">
     <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#">
         <my:namespacePrefix>owl</my:namespacePrefix>
     </rdf:Description>
     </rdf:RDF>

Does this help?
- Benja