Re: Characterizing intersectionOf relationships?

This is a very important question.
The key issue is: what is the meaning of a Statement?

According to what I have read, RDF associates
as little meaning as possible with a Statement.

I have not yet read enough OWL documents to assess
the OWL perspective on this issue.

The MKR language has the same meaning as natural language.
The MKR statement corresponding to your RDF/OWL is

SLR isa Camera with viewFinder = ThroughTheLens;

The meaning of this MKR statement is:
a genus-differentia definition which gives the
necessary and sufficient conditions for a thing
to be an SLR.  SLR is a proper subclass of Camera.
All SLRs have a ThroughTheLens viewFinder.
Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;