  From: Roger L. Costello
  To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
  Cc: Costello,Roger L.
  Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 5:03 PM
  Subject: Suggestions for implementing a "document matches" program?

  Hi Folks,

  Suppose that you want to create a PROGRAM which, when handed *any* XML
  instance document, decides whether or not it meets this desire:

  "I am interested in purchasing a camera with a 75-300mm zoom lens, that
  has an aperture of 4.5-5.6, and a shutter speed that ranges from 1/500
  sec. to 1.0 sec."

  To recap, here's the scenario:

  XML instance document --> PROGRAM ---> "Yes! It's a match!"
                                         (or, "No match")

  [The idea is that PROGRAM will "consult" the Camera Ontology whenever it
  encounters XML elements that it does not "understand"]

  What are your recommendations for implementing PROGRAM?

  Would you recommend using a query language, such as DQL (DAML Query
  Language) combined with some Java code?  Or would you recommend using
  something else?  Has someone already done something like this?  /Roger