  From: Jon Hanna
  To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 3:30 AM
  Subject: RE: yet another simplified RDF syntax: N-triples + abreviation

  > I invented KR before I was exposed to XML, and that
  > made me extra sensitive to the difficulty of reading
  > a "cluttered" XML program.  When I want to understand
  > an XML program, I usually begin by (mentally)
  > translating it into KR, which enables me to "get the
  > big picture at a glance".

  This relates to the idea I mentioned earlier of using KR as a front-end on
  RDF applications. RDF and the various ways of encoding it is really for
  machines, not people. For the most part RDF shouldn't be seen by users,
  though obviously someone's going to have to build the layers between the RDF
  and users, and hence the advantages in it using human-readable components
  (URIs, XML or text-based encodings).

  Where KR can be compared (from what I've seen, I still haven't had time to
  play with it unfortunately) to a human-understandable programming language
  like Basic, RDF is more like machine code (with n3 hence being assembly and
  RDF/XML being poorly written C :)