RE: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statements)

Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statement > To talk about
something, you need a name which denotes that something.  On the internet, a
URL can serve as a name (or an alias if you need an alias for some reason).
The  > something   that a URL denotes is (usually) a physical document on a
server on the internet.  That physical document may then refer to other
named entities via
   > cross-references, or references embedded in statements which are in the
document.

  For identifiers, we have the URI, which is reasonably well defined in
general and within RDF.
  http://www.w3.org/Addressing/URL/uri-spec.html

  The problem here I think is the interpretation of an identified resource
that happens to be or include a representation of an RDF model.

   > I recommend drawing a picture showing each entity, and labeling each
with its name & important properties.  In this context, what's important are
the relations between the entities.

  http://x -> URL http://x
  URL http:/x returns x.rdf
  x.rdf == documentX
  documentX hasContent modelX
  modelX = {S1, S2...}

  so in effect

  http://x = document{model(S1, S2...}}

  where the document could perhaps be seen as the collection of the reified
versions of the statements

  or

  given that http:/x returns x.rdf,
  http://x = modelX = {S1, S2...}

  ?

  Dick McCullough
  knowledge := man do identify od existent done
  knowledge haspart list of proposition