Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statements)

On Thursday 21 November 2002 21:19, Bob MacGregor wrote:
>  Finally, models/contexts should be first class entities, i.e., they should
> be resources. That way, you can make statements about all statements in a
> context.  That's where the space saving comes from -- if you have 500
> statements that all have the same last-modified timestamp and the same
> author, you can put them into a context that has a single timestamp
> statement and a single author statement.  With reification, you need 500
> timestamp statements and 500 author statements.

I was also thinking about this under the name of "state" of a resource,
defined under a set of properties and a set of acceptable values for each
property.

I agree that it's natural to "index" resources that satisfy selected criteria
under a class.

However, I find the use of the word "context" unsuitable and confusing. Then
again that's just me; my choice of "state" comes mainly from wanting to match
properties of certain values when those change over time, usually
periodically.

Kindest regards,

Manos