  From: Sandro Hawke
  To: David Menendez
  Cc: Richard H. McCullough ; RDF-Interest
  Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 1:56 AM
  Subject: Re: RDF vocabulary definitions

  > >I'd like to stick to identifying the nature of rdfs:Property & rdfs:Class,
  > >since I know that they are concepts, and I know what concepts are.
  > >I do not know what your RDF-MT symbols are.
  >
  > A property is represented by a resource with the type rdf:Property.
  > It can be used as the predicate in an RDF assertion. A class is
  > represented by a resource with the type rdfs:Class. It can be used as
  > the value of rdf:type.

  Slightly off topic, and at the risk of being wrong again (!): a
  property *is* a resource, it is not represented by a resource
  (although in some reified case it could be).  "Resource" just means
  "thing" or "object in domain of discourse".  The
  property/thing/resource is named/identified by a URI/URI-Ref.

  (the same holds for classes, etc.)

  (I'm also not on the WG or anything.  I think the people on the WG are
  far too busy to participate.  :-)

      -- sandro