Re: Announce: Browse RDF like the web

Damian Steer wrote:

> Well I'm flattered that you're offering to host this service. Thanks
> very much. :-)

I don't know about the goals of your particular project but I could see
some interesting marketing possibilities if HP owned the site that
became the "user interface" to the Semantic Web. Perhaps it would evolve
into Yahoo or Google of the SW. I'm just throwing out ideas, you
obviously have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve!

> Seriously, it can work either locally or as a server - it's just a
> java web app, so it can be dropped into existing servers. The demo
> server is there to play with, and might be there for a while.
>
> The advantage of the local version is that it's modifiable using rdf
> and css. Tinker to your hearts content. The setup I'm using probably
> isn't for everyone (eg calendar data can look bad).

Another freely offered idea: if particular types of data can look bad
under the particular "semantic stylesheet" you're using, then maybe it
should adjust its "semantic stylesheet" by RDF schema, as is common in
the XML world (where an XSLT is associated with a particular vocabulary).

Also, do you think it would be practical to have an equivalent tool that
ran as an applet? I'm tempted to fiddle with it and see if it can be
applet-ized but if you know in advance that it isn't practical then I
wouldn't bother.

  Paul Prescod