Re: Can RDF thrive in an XML-centric world?

At 02:23 AM 11/5/02 -0500, David Menendez wrote:
>[...] My impression of RDF/XML and N3 is that the latter is more readable,
>easier to parse, and more compact.

No argument...

>What advantage would an XML syntax have?

- tool support (e.g. DanCs visualization stuff [1] includes an XSLT script).

- easy embedding in other XML; e.g. carriage in SOAP, or Joseph Reagle's
note on indicating the assurance conveyed by an XML signature [2].

- uniformity of data

- application migration

- mindshare

Whether you find any of these to be compelling is another question.

#g
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/02pd/

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-p3p-profile/