RE: Q to implementers: Resource identifiers - XML Namesand/or(concatenated) URIs? (was RE: rdfs.isDefinedBy...)

> From: Frank Manola [mailto:fmanola@mitre.org]

> "Thomas B. Passin" wrote:
> >

> > But what about embedding rdf into web pages so that it will
> not display?
> > Don't we still want an attributes-only format for that?
> >

> Rather than attributes-only formats, and other such work-arounds, what
> would be the problem with asking the HTML (or XHTML) folks to add a
> single tag that meant "the contents of this element are here
> for reasons
> that are none of your business, and aren't meant to be displayed".  I
> doubt if RDF is the only candidate for using such a tag.

RDF will not be visible if injected in none visible element(<head> for
example). There is no need to invent a tag to include XML one does not
want to be displayed; simply use CSS (as XHTML dictates for presentation
info) setting the RDF container element's display property to none.

Cheers,

Manos