Re: Queries and report generation in RDF/N3

At 01:54 AM 4/26/02 +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> > And there's yet another N3 parser in Python.
>
>Looking through the code, I think that there are a few N3 features (e.g.
>"-> x ->") that have been removed from the language, and I really don't
>like new directive additions (e.g. @equivalence). Still, N3 is hardly the
>most well defined and documented language in the world... :-)

Yes... this was something I started (i.e. wrote out the grammar) some time
ago, so there are some old bits.  It does need bringing up to date (must
add to todo list).  As for the directives...  well, part of my goal was to
have as much flexibility as possible to experiment with, and I'm not sure
that they do any harm (i.e. don't use them ;-)  It would be dead easy to
disable the directives:  simply remove them from the assignment to
'self.Directives' in method 'N3Parser.__init__()'.  You may also not like
the current values in self.PrefixTable.

>That aside, I'm hoping that this parser will be swift and portable.
>However, I tried it on some real-world N3 data [1], and got some odd
>errors:-

Thanks for the bug report (I haven't yet run the parser against any data
other than my own) -- I'll look at your data and fix it up.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>