RE: Disambiguation; keeping the "U" in "URI"

Mark Baker wrote,
> Nick Matsakis wrote:
> > I don't understand what you mean by this.  What should the
> > "Content-Location" be on an http request for the (person)
> > http://www.markbaker.ca ?  "Sitting in his office chair" ?
>
> "http://www.markbaker.ca/index.html"

This is where Mark and I differ. This new URI may indeed be yet
another of Marks aliases, but it _also_ designates, in the context of
a GET, a document with information associated with Mark. IOW, this use
of Content-Location: wrt http://www.markbaker.ca hasn't resolved the
original ambiguity between Mark and a document, it's just set us off
chasing Content-Location: pointers ad nauseam. That's unhelpful IMO.

I'm happy with the use of Content-Location: as a mechanism for
resolving ambiguity between retrievable referents (eg. for variant
representation selection), but it doesn't solve the whole problem.

FWIW, I was half expecting Marks response to Nicks question to be
something like "Sitting in his office chair", using some kind of
geolocation URI scheme (is there one?). Also, IMO, not very helpful,
but more obviously consistent with his position wrt Content-Location:

Cheers,

Miles