Re: Documents, Cars, Hills, and Valleys

That's a very good explanation of why this is a problem for the Semantic
Web.

However, as I understand the counter-arguments, URIs identify resources,
not the representations that they might send from time to time. That's
how the Web works. This doesn't mean there isn't a close relationship
between the resources and the references (roughly, the representation is
what the URI identifies in the context of being dereferenced), but the
fact that the Semantic Web gets a headache about this isn't a valid
reason to limit the identifying power of the rest of the Web.

Is it as simple as saying that *in RDF*, http URIs identify documents,
without saying what they identify on the larger Web?
*shrug*

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/