Re: Documents, Cars, Hills, and Valleys

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 09:21:57PM -0400, Nick Matsakis wrote:
> I still feel like the different sides are fighting (different) straw men.
> Is anyone actually proposing that it is acceptable to use URL of a
> person's homepage to name that person in RDF?

That's cheating.  *You* are declaring that http://www.markbaker.ca is my
"homepage".  Well, I don't really know what a "homepage" is, all I know
is that "http://www.markbaker.ca" identifies me, the person.  I suppose
it could be said that "http://www.markbaker.ca/index.html" (the HTML
representation of me) is my "homepage", depending upon your definition.
But those are two separate resources, and only I get to assert the
relationship between them.

FWIW, HTTP supports me fully in making this assertion (though I can't
configure Apache properly 8-( ); no inconsistency is created by doing
this.

MB