Re: FW: XML Schema vs DAML/RDF/RDFS

I think you are right --- we have a situation where a bunch of different
scientists are each publishing data, meant to be used by others. XML
schema forces them into a model where they all have to agree to a schema
and use that to publish their data. If one of them has a new kind of data
that hasn't been thought off before, then it could be tough luck.

 Maybe it's this distributed extensibility that is important. I can see why
in certain domains (like financial stuff) the centralized approach is
preferred
but in other areas, the distributed extensibility might be better. Wonder
if there is a way of doing it with XML Schemas or Relax.

guha