RE: silly question about rdf:about

For an RDF application, something like

http://www.w3.org/staffId/85740

IS the person mentioned but as the application anticipates it.

Similarly, we humans use a name instead of a URI to identify a person;
this identification is just a handle for abstraction.

For an application, Ora is what the system knows about Ora including
static information or history of interaction between Ora and the
application.
For a George,  Ora is what George knows or feels or has connected with
Ora.
For John Doe the same.
However, these three do *not* have the same Ora in mind.

What the above three share in their abstraction of Ora is the same
source of information or interaction, in one way or another.

We just have to establish that http://www.w3.org/staffId/85740 in our
context is a perfectly valid representation (or representative if you
want) of Ora. It's a problem for the Ontology designer if you may, not
of RDF (ok, one may come up with a new term and that's all).

Ora, my apologies.

Manos