Re: RDF ontology for describing reusable software components

From: Andrei Lopatenko

> See please ontology developed in UBOT project of
> LockheedMartin UML representation here
> http://ubot.lockheedmartin.com/ubot/lessons/images/sw_artifact.gif
>They have tools for UML to DAML conversion Think it maybe
> high relevant for you  because it allows to describe
> relations between software components to reason
> if you need to install something what you need to install before, etc

This is great!  Where can we find a rdf schema for UML?   I look forward to
the day when every software component that is offered for instillation on my
machine comes with a RDF (or CYC) description of what it does, how it does
it, and who made it, and who is responsible for it when it malfunctions.  It
would also be nice if they were also to describe the intentions of the
provider for offering it to me.  The operating system could then use this
knowledge, not only to deploy the component, but also to inform me how to
get it fixed when it malfunctions.  I want no more of this MSBLOGPLOP.DLL
caused a error in MSEXEPLD.DLL stuff on my screen.  Let's have full
disclosure of the source, use, and intent of the components that run on the
machies for which we are responsible.  Otherwise some day these  machines
will be duped into committing crimes and nobody will be able to figure out
who the real criminals are.

... Whew ... finally got that off my chest!

Seth Russell
Logic is Great! .... but survival is better.