Re: trees

Hi

On Tue 23-Oct-2001 at 10:42:45 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
> Has anyone here done or seen work about the general task of
> representing hierarchical structures in RDF - like DMOZ in practice?
> I would very much appreciate references to suchlike.

I have used a couple of DC relations to describe parent and child
documents, for example in this RDF file;
http://mkdoc.com/features/dc.rdf

I have this:

 <dcq:isPartOf>
   <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://mkdoc.com/">
     <dc:title xml:lang="en-gb">MKDoc</dc:title>
     <rdfs:Comment xml:lang="en-gb">MKDoc is the parent document of Features.</rdfs:Comment>
   </rdf:Description>
 </dcq:isPartOf>

 <dcq:hasPart>
   <rdf:Seq>

     <rdf:li>
       <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://mkdoc.com/features/accessibility/">
         <dc:title xml:lang="en-gb">Accessibility</dc:title>
         <rdfs:Comment xml:lang="en-gb">Accessibility is a child document of Features.</rdfs:Comment>
       </rdf:Description>
     </rdf:li>

     <rdf:li>
       <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://mkdoc.com/features/breadcrumb/">
         <dc:title xml:lang="en-gb">Breadcrumb-Trail Navigation</dc:title>
         <rdfs:Comment xml:lang="en-gb">Breadcrumb-Trail Navigation is a child document of Features.</rdfs:Comment>
       </rdf:Description>
     </rdf:li>

  </rdf:Seq>
</dcq:hasPart>

I don't think that this is a great way to do this but I couldn't think
of anything better... Suggestions are welcome!

Since you can use link rel's in (X)HTML for parent [1], child [2] and
sibling [3] I think that it would be great if there was a way to
represent rel's in RDF...

Chris

[1] http://fantasai.tripod.com/qref/Appendix/LinkTypes/ltdef.html#parent

[2] http://fantasai.tripod.com/qref/Appendix/LinkTypes/ltdef.html#child