RE: relational mapping?

I'd very much like to hear of your work on this front.

My current idea is to start with a manually concocted RDF file (a rough one
in source.rdf) containing connection details and any info that isn't
machine-obtainable. This is loaded into the system which then automatically
extracts metadata from the database, writing RDF in accordance with an
ontology given in an RDF Schema (rdb-exposed.rdfs). An example of the result
is attached (anrdftest.rdf) along with the SQL to build the tables.

The data I'm putting into the RDF goes from column names (and whether key)
upwards. The plan is to also access to the contained data as XML, backed by
an XML Schema.

There is a very good reason for using RDF - so that reasoning agents of the
semantic web will be able to understand the metadata.

I've got some pretty diagrams from the RDF(S) but unfortunately the ISP I
use is down, though I'll put these online ASAP.

This is a work in progress, BTW ;-)

Cheers,
DAnny.

---