RE: deliverables?

At 03:19 AM 5/2/01 +0100, Stuart Naylor wrote:
>I am sorry William but whenever I read one of your emails I get this image
>of some mad hippy mormon milking a cyber cow.

I wouldn't be sorry to get such an image.

I'm actually quite a bit post-hippy (MIT, class of '46) and the only
mormonism is somewhat overlapping serial polygamy in the distant past. I
have a bunch of cashmere goats but don't milk them, just comb out their
down to make "the fiber of kings".

SN:: "Once the highbrows have that one figured then it's time for one of
williams barn dances.

WL: I think "the highbrows" have actually got it to where it's already time
for a bit of dancing, barn or otherwise. One of the most vivid images I
have is from WWW 7 in Brisbane at a panel session where the other panelists
were "berating" TimBL for not getting hypertext perfected before releasing
it on an unprepared world. Everybody at the conference would probably still
be writing COBOL if he hadn't *done something* besides
pedantry/perfection/tweaking.

I think the image of an empty UPS truck zipping past the gates of the
refugee center within which are starving babies isn't far off the mark. We
are all in this together and while those babies might not get endowments
and scholarships to Phillips-Exeter, there's surely a way to feed them -
probably tonight. We're all pretty smart and comparatively very rich, so I
just thought we might figure something out.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE