RE: Location vs. names

One assertion I would make is that sometimes a location is a name
and sometimes a name is a location. Perspective, context and
pragmatics can impose a particular interpretation of any given
identifier as to its opacity.

Just because an identifier might in one case act as an opaque
name and in another case act as a location/address/path, does
not mean that the distinction between name and location is
not important.

> I think that
> URLs and URNs are two different things, neither of which is becoming
> obsolete very soon. On the contrary, people should work to get URN
> resolution working.

Amen.

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453