Re: Decentralized RDF Distribution

Bill de hOra wrote:

> I considered using Javaspaces at one point. The API/usage are really simple and
> clean. You get all that Linda infrastructure for free, as well as Jini leasing,
> join and discovery. But having to hook it up to the web and then figure out how
> to knit Javaspaces together didn't seem worth it. Plus the backend is all
> RMI/bytecode (not HTTP/XML!). Anyway the web really needs a solid open source
> Linda spaces implementation that sits on HTTP/XML and allows systems to host and
> sandbox tuples.

Well you've certainly said a mouthful here and unfortunately i only understood about
5% of it.  But let me ask about your basic assumptions:  Do you assume that you will
be able to query the entire semantic cloud and ever get a relevant answer back?
Because if that is your assumption, and if you use the apparently traditional data
processing approach you have scoped, may I extend my sympathies to your programmers
in advance.   In my opinion, if that is our objective, we will need an almost
biological approach ... perhaps like the one I have scoped with SCM.

:SCM :acronymOf "Sticky Cyber Molecules"; seeUrl
<http://robustai.net/MyNetwork/StickeyCyberMolecules.html>.

Seth