Re: does RDF require understanding all 82 URI schemes?

David Megginson <david@megginson.com> wrote:

> There's no problem with you or with Bob, but it doesn't scale to a
> third party -- if someone else refers to the same entity as you and
> Bob are describing using one of the ids, the processor will have to
> retrieve your resource or Bob's to find the equivalence information.
> As I (and others) have mentioned, this leads to an exponential
> explosion.

I don't follow. Does the third party use a new idea or an old ID? Why do
they need to retrieve the resource? This is never a requirement. It seems to
me, they only retrieve the equivalence information when they need it -- that
is, when it's used.