Re: does RDF require understanding all 82 URI schemes?

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

> Lots of people expect that the best place to find info about
> http://example.org/foo#bar is, in fact, http://example.org/foo#bar

Amen to that! The Semantic Web is defined as a machine processable Web of
documents providing specific relationships between things. If you're going
to say that we *can't* process any URIs, then it's not as processable
anymore. You can't force people to dereference and process URIs, but I
don't understand how people can refute that fact that it is architecturally
unsound. It works, and there is already stuff that dereferences URIs to
good use.

> If you want to know what my favorite color is, surely
> an answer from me is privileged over an answer
> from, say, someone who hardly knows me.

Well,t his is a simple trust issue. Trust is up to the user... in the case
of your favourite color, the issue is fairly clear, but there may be some
times where the issue is not so clear. Trust is something that needs
immediate development.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer