Re: RDF in XHTML

"Sean B. Palmer" wrote:
[...]
> Thus, I guess I conclude that embedding information into XHTML is
> quite a good idea, when you weigh up all sides of the debate. The
> problem once again is that the RDF data model is very dissimilar from
> the XHTML data model, because one is metadata oriented, and one is
> data oriented. Adding one to the other at this stage is something that
> is going to have to be controlled to avoid numerous proprietary
> implementations: i.e. adding RDF to XHTML should be well scoped rather
> than "put your RDF here".
>
> I suppose that the aim is "put your RDF application here" - i.e. if
> you're embedding your RDF into XHTML, you're going to be doing it for
> a *reason*, and more often than not, that reason is so that something
> can process it. I don't know of anyone who wants to put RDF into XHTML
> just for decoration :-)

Agreed. As I've said before, putting RDF into XHTML is akin to putting
XML into XHTML. Doesn't make much sense, really. Now, putting an
application of RDF like DC into XHTML we have really gained something,
and the technical difficulties aren't so difficult.

Murray

Murray Altheim                            <mailto:altheim&#x40;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, Inc., MS MPK17-102, 1601 Willow Rd., Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu