Re: ANN : RDF Process Profile (RPP)

Danny Ayers wrote:

> RDF Process Profile (RPP) is a proposed lightweight extensible description
> format for processes. RPP is an XML application, conforms to the W3C's RDF
> Specification and is extensible via XML-namespace and/or RDF based
> modularization.
>
> I've put a mudman [1] specification together at [2].
> [1] Like a strawman only squidgier
> [2] http://www.isacat.net/citnames/2001/04/rpp.htm

Danny,

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean by 'process' here; you hint in the
document that RPP can be used for online and offline processes, but also
processes such as boiling an agg. An online 'process' could presumably
also be called a web service? Is it the intent to be able to describe
fully the "API" of the service here?

I'm a little confused by the reference to the algorithm; surely most of
the time one needn't know the algorithm behind a service?

8-) Reading the document, I kept coming up with questions and then going
back and noticing the answer in the first para of the introduction;
there's a lot of info there! It might help to break it up a bit to
emphasise each point...

There are representations for activities etc from the planning community
that might be useful, e.g. http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/project/spar/

Could you perhaps add a 'storyboard' example or two of how you envisage
RPP being used?

Regards,

David Allsopp.

--
/d{def}def/u{dup}d[0 -185 u 0 300 u]concat/q 5e-3 d/m{mul}d/z{A u m B u
m}d/r{rlineto}d/X -2 q 1{d/Y -2 q 2{d/A 0 d/B 0 d 64 -1 1{/f exch d/B