Re: Fwd: Re: Encrypted Node URI and NodeType

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Joseph M. Reagle Jr. wrote:

> There's a fair amount of discussion on XML Encryption on a public list and
> I'm forwarding a proposal I made in that forum [1] below. It is likely we
> will need some syntax for describing the XML Information Item that is now
> encrypted. Based on conversations with DanC and RalphS I proposed an
> approach that uses an XML serialization of the RDFS in the Infoset spec. Of
> course, there is no XML schema for that instance, but I think it'd be a good
> idea. I encourage any of the folks here that are interested in that topic or
> XML Encryption to have a look at the list. This is not a W3C activity
> (though it might be some day) but a body of requirements and syntax
> proposals are being discussed and could benefit from those interested in the
> data model and information set behind any particular XML serialization.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-encryption/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset#rdfschema

Thanks Joseph. Some more references on this topic are at
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200008/msg00412.html (XSet)

XML in RDF in XML via XSLT: an infoset implementation (Dan Connolly)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Aug/0061.html

There's also a brief XMLhack.com piece on XSet etc at
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=696

Dan