Re: Namespace evolution.

Well, you could write an RDF schema...

Charles McCN

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Sigfrid Lundberg, Lub NetLab wrote:

  > What I mean by that basically boils down to this: If properties are uniquely
  > identified by the concatenation of their namespace and element/attribute
  > name as specified in the RDF M&S, how are we supposed to know that
  > http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.0/title ==
  > http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title?

  This is a DCMI problem, for sure, but it is even more a RDF problem.
  Please consider the fact that we today have tools available that makes it
  possible to create a RDF schema definition with a point and click user
  interface. How different namespaces will have appeared five years from now
  with title elements with basically the same semantics as a dc 1.1 title?

  The single most important problem for the semantic web initiative is to
  tackle semantic diversity.