Re: Querying Syntax

Hi Ross,

R.V.Guha's RDFdb uses an sql-like query language

http://web1.guha.com/rdfdb/
http://web1.guha.com/rdfdb/query.html

I've been looking at using this and the conceptually similar Algenon

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/1999Dec/0106.html

used by Eric Prud'hommeaux to create a layer above various RDF APIs to
allow more complex queries, in Java. I've, er, not got anything good
enough to show people yet, but soon.

About querying in XML - I'm of the inclination that an SQL-like
language would be more conducive to people actually using it, but in
any case, if you split up queries into triples, as you can with both the
languages used above, then you could describe the same query in XML
using some sort of basic triple syntax, like in Jos De Roo's post last
month

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Sep/0247.html

So my code uses triples as the underlying mechanism for query, and so
it's trivial whether you call that code using xml or a query string.

There's a bit more stuff on rdf query at the RDf interest group page

http://www.w3.org/RDF/Interest/

hope this is of use,

Libby miller