RE: assymetric reference of properties

At 9:04 AM -0800 1/28/00, Jeff Sussna wrote:
>Seems like there might be another solution. This solution begins to step
>away from "orthodox" RDF and points to taking first-class properties
>seriously. It involves making the property an object in its own right. In
>other words, rather than saying "x is identified by y" and "y identifies x",
>one would say something along the lines of
>"instance-of-identification-property connects x and y".

And in fact, that's exactly what we did, but we still wanted to have
reciprocal properties between the link object and the node objects.

I like martin's idea of having a single property name for both
directions. I think you can do it with the current RDFS, although
when you have multiple range and domain classes you get less
validation.

Eric

>Jeff

Eric Hellman