Re: Parsers and rdf:Description

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Stefan Kokkelink wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a question about Description elements.
>The M&S Spec says:
>
>"The Description element itself represents an instance
>of a Bag resource. The members of this Bag are the
>resources corresponding to the reification of each of
>the statements in the Description. If the bagID
>attribute is specified its value is the identifier
>of this Bag, else the Bag is anonymous."
>
>This sounds to me like a MUST for a parser to
>create a Bag of reified statements for
>every Description Element.
>
>The Online SWI-Prolog RDF parser and the
>Pro-Solutions parser don't create a Bag.
>SiRPAC provides the option
>'Show bags for each description block'.

The SWI-Prolog parser does this only if the description
has a bagID.  I.e. it does not generate a reification
for anonymous descriptions.

This might not be correct, but it surely is practical
as reifications are probably best left implicit for
storage and reasoning about RDF.

Just for curiosity, are there any RDF applications and
RDF based reasoning systems using reification in real-life
situations?

	Regards --- Jan