Re: A simple question....

Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:

> Jonas Liljegren wrote:
> > With schemas, you could specify that an URI is an instance of some
> > type.  Literals is said to be an instance of the Literal class. You
> > can subclass the literal class and set the type of the URI to be a
> > specific type of value.
>
> such types already exist on the web : mime-types.
> I already suggested that Litterals should not be different from resources in RDF,
> but should be anonymous resources with text/plain mime type.

How would you represent that in RDF?

Literal <--subclassOf-- MimeType <--subClassOf-- Text <--subClassOf--
Text_Plain <--type-- 'Jonas' ?

There could be many things that would be plain text but that you would
like to
specify closer, like a date. To say that it is text/plain is not enough.

--
/ Jonas  -  http://paranormal.o.se/perl/proj/rdf/schema_editor/