Re: Resources and URIs

Gabe Beged-Dov wrote:

> IMO, the  resources  (and triples) that are embedded in a particular model should be
> labeled using fragment identifiers rather than standalone URI. They should be
> "relative" resources  (as in not absolute).  If we can figure out a workable content
> based algorithm then this could be the ID for these relative resources.
> The fragment scheme for rdf would support two types of fragment identifiers for
> resources, those that are explicitly named using rdf:ID and those that are generated.

Agreed.

> The explicitly named embedded resources would have a fragment prefix of
> "rdfpointer:id:" and the anonymous ones would have a fragment prefix of
> "rdfpointer:anon:". You could then have something like:
>
>  - urn:rdf:model:34d...29                for Sergey's homepage
>
>  - urn:rdf:model:34d...29#rdfpointer:anon:XYZ           for his vcard voice resource
> (where "XYZ" is the content based ID).
>
>  - urn:rdf:model:34d...29#rdfpointer:id:Voice            if the vcard resource had
> been labeled with rdf:ID="Voice".

I think that the generated model URI is not a good choice for the base
of the resource URI. The two major objections are: (a) any change of the
model changes the URIs of anonymous resources (b) recursive dependency:
model URI depends on resource URIs and the other way around.

I would just take the source URI of the model as the base. Then, for
explicitly named resources you have the same naming schema:

http://../doc.rdf#Voice

For anonymous resources you'd get:

http://../doc.rdf#39efa..09c

where the digest is computed using a content-based algorithm.

Sergey