Re: SIMILE Research Drivers

Andy wrote and Kevin repied:

>> On the semantic web, the client is programmatically
>> accessing SIMILE, or by web page, so issues of client-side
>> caching, change notification arise, as do security, and,
>> potentially, charging and SLAs.
>
> This is the first I've heard of this.  I thought Simile
> was a standard web architecture application, using a web
> browser as the client.

I *strongly* disagree with this definition of a "standard web architecture
application," and the constraint SIMILE's use of web standards that it
implies. The statement may be accurate if we mean a "de facto" standard web
application, but the set of web "standards" most certainly do NOT limit
clients to being browser-like; neither should SIMILE be so limited.

If there truly is a difference in assumptions here, we better sort it out...

John