Re: W3C specification error

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Proli wrote:
> Clearly, using "rdfs:Resource" allows you to model illegal statements,
> but why should this be desirable? Why should illegal statements
> exist?

Reification is used for quoting; i.e. so that if you publish the graph

     x:a x:b x:c.
     x:a x:d "e".

then I can take that graph and reify each statement in it to say in my
graph, "Andrea said that..."

I should be able to say this without claiming that anything of what you
said is *true*. Even if the statements in your graph are complete
nonsense, I should be able to quote them without saying they are true
(perhaps to point out that they are not true).

If you say "x:a foaf:Person x:b," then if rdf:predicate had the domain
rdfs:Property, if I quoted you I would be claiming that foaf:Person is a
property. When quoting you I would first have to check that you're not
talking nonsense, because otherwise just by quoting you *I* might be
talking nonsense.