proposed closure take 2 Re: proposed closure of Issue pfps-11 (rdfs:comment implies entailments no)

resending to correct list...

----- Forwarded message from Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org> -----

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:14:02 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Subject: proposed closure take 2 Re: proposed closure of Issue pfps-11 (rdfs:comment implies entailments no)

* Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> [2003-08-01 10:00-0400]
> From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: proposed closure of Issue pfps-11 (rdfs:comment implies entailments no)
> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:00:49 -0400
>
> > * Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> [2003-06-18 14:18-0400]
> > > From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
> > > Subject: Re: proposed closure of Issue pfps-11 (rdfs:comment implies entailments no)
> > > Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 06:50:29 -0400
>
> [...]
> > >
> > > Well, the most recent version of the RDF Schema document that I have access
> > > to is the last-call version.  I am not particularly interested in supplying
> > > wording changes for an out-of-date version of the document.  If you want
> > > some suggestions send me the current version of the document.
> >
> > Peter,
> >
> > re http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-11
> >
> > I believe the current editors copy of RDF Schema is up to date with all
> > our Last Call issues and other substantive editorial changes, with the
> > exception of this issue, pfps-11 "rdfs:comment implies entailments". We
> > currently have no proposal on the table for closing this issue; your
> > editorial suggestions on this matter would be very welcome.
> >
> > Editor's working copy:
> > 	http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-schema-20030117/
> >
> > It is a while since this was initially raised, and the Semantics
> > document has gone through various edits. Is it possible that your
> > concern has been addressed in that document, and that we could wrap up
> > pfps-11 through adding an appropriate cross-reference to Semantics?
>
> No, my concerns have not yet been addressed.
>
> For example, the wording about rdf:Statement indicates that rdf:Statement
> is the class of RDF statements, which are made by RDF triples.  This goes
> far, far beyond what rdf:Statement actually provides.
>
> Here is some proposed text

The Editor's draft at
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-schema-20030117/
has been updated to reword the RDF reification vocab section, based on a
combination of your suggestions with text from Pat and Frank. We propose
to close this LC issue with this rewording. Could you reply to this
message letting us know whether your concerns are now addressed.

Many thanks,

Dan

----- End forwarded message -----