Re: continuing technical issues in the RDF Semantics document

>From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
>Subject: Re: continuing technical issues in the RDF Semantics document
>Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:08:30 -0700

>I was only looking at the place where all the other stuff is defined, and
>missed the definition of character string.  The linking of language tag was
>insufficient, as that is not visible when reading a hard copy, but is now
>fixed.  As an editorial matter, I suggest moving both these next to the
>definition pointers to RDF Concepts (for things like literal, triple,
>etc.).

Good idea.  Done in the draft cited below.

>I note that the processing of RDF/XML may result in lexical forms that are
>not in NFC.  This issue needs to be addressed, I believe.
>
>[...]
>
>>  >There are conditions imposed on the non-core RDF vocabulary by
>>  >rdf-interpretations, counter to several claims in the document.
>>
>>  The text refers to 'significant' formal constraints. I do not believe
>>  that this is likely to be misunderstood.
>
>I am having problems thinking of insignificant formal constraints.

Seems to me that word is full of examples. My life seems to be
largely governed by insignificant formal constraints, many of them
with legal force.

>[...]

>I am still having severe problems getting my head around the
>subinterpretation criterion.  I had some incorrect notions, but my further
>examination its definition leads me to the conclusion that something is
>wrong.

The definition is poorly worded and I will correct this. There is an
improved version (shortly to be published as a WD) at
http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semant_2LC.html

Pat
IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell