Re: RelaxNG schema and local names

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:22:58 -0400
Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org> wrote:

> I haven't followed whether this has been reported already but I've noticed
> that in:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123/#section-RELAXNG-Schema
>

> propertyAttr =
>   attribute * - ( rdf:RDF | rdf:ID | rdf:about | rdf:bagID | rdf:parseType |
>                   rdf:resource | rdf:nodeID | rdf:datatype | rdf:li |
>                   rdf:Description | rdf:aboutEach |
>     rdf:aboutEachPrefix | xml:* ) {
>       string
>   }
>
> shouldn't this be:
>
>  propertyAttr =
>   attribute * - ( local:* | rdf:RDF | rdf:ID | rdf:about | rdf:bagID |
> rdf:parseType |
>                   rdf:resource | rdf:nodeID | rdf:datatype | rdf:li |
>                   rdf:Description | rdf:aboutEach |
>     rdf:aboutEachPrefix | xml:* ) {
>       string
>   }
>
> i.e. isn't it the intention to ban "local" attributes (and elements BTW)?

Yes, I will add that, and for the element items too.

> Note that this production already bans the small subset of local attributes
> allowed by RDF e.g. ID,about,resource

Well, the non-namespaced attributes you give are discouraged.  Since
this is a best efforts schema it seems that just forbidding them is good
enough rather than adding
  attribute * - (local:* - id | about | .... ) ...

The lines are already getting rather long since I cannot abbreviate the
classes of terms in RelaxNG or RNGC, as far as I know.

Thanks

Dave