Re: pfps-04 [RDF entailment rules not yet complete]

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Subject: Re: pfps-04 [RDF entailment rules not yet complete]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:18:37 -0500

> >I believe that the rules for rdf entailments are still incomplete in
> >RDF Semantics (Editors [sic] Draft of July 27).
> >
> >For example, consider the RDF graph
> >
> >	ex:foo ex:bar "<ex/>"^^rdf:XMLLiteral .
> >
> >I believe that this graph rdf-entails
> >
> >	ex:foo ex:bar "<ex></ex>"^^rdf:XMLLiteral .
>
> ?? Can you say why ?
>
> Pat

Because the only possible rational reading of the normative definition of
XML literals in RDF Concepts is the reading that has both of these literals
be well-typed XML literals, and they both have the same canonical form.

Note that this has already been the subject of several other messages on
this thread.

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research
Lucent Technologies