Re: [resolution]pfps-02; was: Comment on Last Call Working Draft of RDF Semantics document concerning Lbase translation of XML Literals

>I don't see how there can be a satisfactory solution at the moment as there
>is no stable version of LBase to translate into, so I cannot determine any
>enduring characteristics of the translation.

I would note that the entire section is an informative appendix.

>Under the current editor's working copy available as of 2 July
>2003, some RDF literals (e.g., " ' ") translate into illegal LBase.

Ah, because I removed the backslash escapes. I put in a textual
warning about this, but maybe it would be better to put the full form
back into the tables.

Ok, done. I also added a note about LanguageTag.

>noticed this in a very quick perusal of the LBase document - I would need
>much more time for a complete examination, which seems rather pointless to
>do on an editor's working copy.

Point taken. In fact the substantive parts of the Lbase document have
been stable for a long time, but the status of the document seems to
be frozen in some W3C administrative hyperspace. I will try to get
that fixed ASAP and get back to you.

Enjoy the holiday.

Pat