[closed] Re: Use of datatyping

Roland--

Thanks for the response.  For purposes of formally closing this thread,
I'm accepting your comments as editorial changes to the Primer, and will
do my best to respond to them appropriately.  Rather than adding the
specific wording you've suggested below (I think the business about
functions may be overly formal for some readers), I think this indicates
a need to briefly describe *in the Primer* the datatype framework that
Concepts describes, specifically the need to have a way (provided by the
datatype source) to determine which character sequences are legal (for
that datatype) and to have a way to go from character sequences to the
values they denote for that datatype (this is your function, stated more
informally), and that this information is provided by the *datatype*
(for each datatype), not built into RDF itself.

--Frank