Re: Issue #pan-01 Re: Comment on Last Call Working Draft of RDF Semantics document concerning treating classes and properties as objects

It would be very helpful if you could be more precise. My
understanding is that RDFS already has this character, if one
interprets the phrases 'built on' and 'can be deployed'
appropriately, and that the existence of OWL illustrates this.

Your comment can be interpreted, therefore, in several ways.

(1) You do not agree with this understanding - in which case, it
would be helpful if you could document the problems in some detail,
or give examples. (All the issues you mentioned in your first comment
have been dealt with already by the Webont WG, as noted previously.)

(2) You feel that the way that OWL was 'built on' RDFS is unsuitable
or inappropriate in some way - in which case, it would help if you
could sketch how you feel it would have been done better on a
sublanguage, ie what you mean by 'built on' which is different from
the relationship between OWL and RDF;

(3) What sense of 'can be deployed' makes OWL-DL not an illustration
of how this is already  possible?

It would also help if you could say more exactly what you mean by a
"FOL language". In my understanding, Lbase, CL and KIF are all FOL
languages, but I take it that this does not satisfy you.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam