RE: What does RDF consider a namespace to be?

The examples Peter points out indicate to me a failure
to differentiate between functional vocabularies, such
as that defined for RDF and RDFS, and namespaces, which
are just part of the syntactic machinery to achieve
globally distinct names.

Thus, a term in a functional vocabulary can be deprecated,
or removed, or added; but the infinite set of terms grounded
in a given namespace remains static.

I think that nearly all of the uses below of 'namespace'
should be changed to 'vocabulary', and that the usage of
the term 'namespace' be checked in all the specs and changed
to 'vocabulary' where appropriate.

As I've pointed out (possibly too) many times,

   namespace != vocabulary

Cheers,

Patrick