Re: name of rdf:nodeID attribute

Dave,

Dave Beckett wrote:
> In RDF you never define identifiers, you are always using them for
> nodes (or arcs) in triples of the RDF graph.
[cut]
> I think we considered making two attributes for rdf:nodeID but given
> the experience that people cannot seem to remember when to use
> rdf:about or rdf:resource, it made more sense and was a smaller
> change to add a single attribute.   This seems to have worked out
> fine.  nodeID and nodeIDref would bring no benefits and would likely
> just repeat the rdf:about/rdf:resource confusion.

In that case, is this possible?

<rdf:Description>
   <ex:editor rdf:nodeID="abc">
     <ex:homePage rdf:resource="http://purl.org/net/dajobe/"/>
   </ex:editor>
</rdf:Description>

What about this?

<rdf:Description>
   <ex:editor rdf:nodeID="abc" ex:fullName="Dave Beckett"/>
</rdf:Description>

If rdf:nodeID is just a placeholder in a graph (and can be a subject,
object, or both at the same time), both of these examples should be
valid. If rdf:nodeID can only represent one or the other at a time
(analogous to rdf:about for the subject and rdf:resource for the
object), then they serve two separate purposes and should be named
accordingly.

(I haven't checked the productions yet to see if the above examples are
valid or not.)

Garret