Re: review of LCC documents as of 26 December 2002

At 18:04 02/01/2003 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

[...]

>I gave this a try, and had to give up quite when I realized that the
>Introduction directly contradicts itself:

I think I've fixed that.

[...]

>What I was working on was looking like:
>
>RDF's vocabulary description language, RDF Schema, is an extension of RDF.
>RDF Schema provides mechanisms for describing groups of related resources
>and the relationships between these resources.    ...

>RDF Schema vocabulary descriptions are written in RDF.  The extra
>descriptive power of RDF Schema over RDF is carried in a collection of RDF
>resources.  These resources are used to describe characteristics of other
>RDF resources, such as domains and ranges of properties.

I really liked your text.  Clear thinking leads to clear writing.

I've incorporated something similar, replacing the original para with:

[[
RDF's vocabulary description language, RDF Schema, is an extension of RDF.
It provides mechanisms for describing groups of related resources and the
relationships betwen these resources. RDF vocabulary descriptions are
written in RDF. The extra descriptive power of the RDF vocabulary
description language is carried in a collection of RDF resources defined in
this document.  These resources are used to describe characteristics of
other RDF resources, such as the domains and ranges of properties.

The RDF vocabulary description language allows for a finer grained mixing
of machine-processable vocabularies, and addresses the need [EXTWEB] to
create metadata in which statements can draw upon multiple vocabularies
that are managed in a decentralized fashion by independent communities.
]]

Are we nearly there yet?

Brian