Re: name that URI was: Re: RDFCore WG: Datatyping documents

On 2002-01-29 15:47, "ext Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net> wrote:

>> I'm presuming it is http://example.org/foo-schema-ns#bongo, right?
>
> No, see it is more complicated. ...
>
> so the URI would be:
>
> http://example.com/XSD.xsd#foo
>
> entirely different that what you suspected!

> The problem is way deeper than '#'
>
> ... use the _predefined_ URIs, and those alone,

Insofar as XML Schema datatypes are concerned (or datatypes in
general) I see no major problem with only using URIs and
avoiding qnames when referencing datatypes in RDF.

Whether we ever will be able to use qnames across standards
such as XML Schema and RDF will then remain to be determined.

OK?

Patrick