Re: rdf:value and RDF Schema (was: typed containers in RDF Schema)

At 09:38 07/06/2002 -0700, Garret Wilson wrote:

[...]

><rdf:Description>
>   <dc:creator>
>     <rdf:Description>
>       <rdf:value rdf:resource="urn:x-people:jane-doe"/>
>       <oebps:role>annotator</oebps:role>
>     </rdf:Description>
>   </dc:creator>
></rdf:Description>
>
>Right? That would correctly reflect the semantics I'm intending, correct?
>And the value of dc:creator is a resource of type &person;, right?
>
>The big question: would this comply with the RDF Schema I gave at the first?

An RDF schema processor won't barf on this; it will simply conclude that
the value of the dc:creator property has type &person;

However, I don't feel comfortable with the way this is modeled, though I'm
finding it hard to say why.

The question I am having trouble answering is what is the difference
between the resource denoted by the b-node that is the value of the
dc:creator property, and the resource identified by
urn:x-people:jane-doe.  I keep wanting to say they are equivalent, but
these are my intuitions about based on the names.

Have you considered and rejected defining a subproperty of dc:creator e.g.
eobps:annotator?

Brian